05 July 2010

My Sins against the Gender stereotypes:Tag

Cee Kay tagged me!
This is an interesting tag - originated at IndianHomeMaker's. Following are the rules:

Please list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.
The tag is called ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’. And you must tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years.
Boy! How do I manage to always land in such trouble? Doesn't matter, it delights me to think that I have an opportunity to take down 12 more with me .. laugh now at my expense friends laugh .... but I'll get my share eventually.. har har har..


But the stereotypes thing is posing a problem!! lets see how this goes
1. I never had girl/lady friends till I got married! My wife refused /refuses to believe me. "Not even a Crush?" she asked ... the answer is same.. 'Nope'. Of course the rider is that if you don't count gaping at all girls as Crush :)
2. If you didn't see this one coming in the earlier sentence here it is.. I have quite a few lady friends now that am married. I say so, coz for some reason, I believe ladies seem to find it safer to talk to me after they gain the "KNOWLEDGE" that am married and have kids :) I asked myself why it is so.. the best answer I came up with is the same as what Chandler Bing got from his gang of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, I perhaps have a 'quality' that makes me look threatening to women! Of course that is until they realize that I'm settled in life. Don't ask me to berate this any further.
3. I don't consume Alcohol . Nuff said
4. I don't smoke. Don't know if this is a stereotype though. Not every guy smokes
5. I like to cook! and I like to experiment a little too! My best ever concoction is Ginger Rasam.. made it up myself. Don't know if one exists 'officially'.
6. I prefer living in India (chennai to be precise.. ) to living in US and came back for the same reason
7. I'm scared of lizards!
8. I cried after watching TZP.I remember pulling over the car near Mylapore on the way back from Satyam Cinemas , crying my heart out and then resuming home.. There it is i've said it
9. According to my wife we get into fights often. In our world fights are when she shouts and I listen apologetically.
10.I thought Pratibha Patil was a hot young lady until she took oath. (no thats not true, I made that one up to make it ten.. What? this is disqualified? alright, bring out the firing squad.. )
11. Ok ok.. here is a lame one.. i hate shopping for clothes. Even if its for me..
12. I don't like to comb/style my hair.I wear it really short.... why? Its hair.. !!! didn't you read that.


Here is the best part!! tagging others... rubbing my hands in glee.. alright who goes first? its the missus..
1. Caramelhill
2. Lavanya
3. Aparna
4. Vidya
5. Hema

Alright I don't have 7 more friends to tag okay. Fine go ahead and decide that am a loser.. don't care.. guess what you can't tag me back and tag the ones i've tagged.. so all the best ha ha ha ha ha hah a ha ha ha.. .ha ha ha h a fading into silence....

No comments:

Post a Comment