26 October 2009

Unreal shows

I'm sitting in an amphitheater watching gladiators gore themselves to death there was a section being mauled by lions to the thunderous applause from the onlooking crowd.
I could feel adrenaline surging through my veins watching these brave warriors fight it out. It is a curse rather for these warriors who are doomed to die , one way or the other , sooner or later, all the time entertaining the crowd.
How I wish I could throw my mother-in-law, husband into the ring. Let them survive even for five minutes, they will understand my life. Ha.. the sweet thought of revenge! mmm..
---x---x---

The mother-in-law was pouring some powder into the milk and planning to give it to her daughter-in-law, the daughter-in-law was actually planning to seize the property and kill the husband. The mother-in-law had overheard her plotting this with her brother and now the mother-in-law had somehow overcome her five year old weakness(really, thats how long the serial ran) and decided to settle the matter once and for all, now this powder is special, it will not kill her, but it will make her a vegetable. She pours the powder and turns around stirring it. Her daughter-in-law is standing behind her at the doorway watching her prepare the milk.. CUT - ad break

----x---x---
The elderly woman has been watching this dutifully from her retirement home, she no longer could wait for the ad break, she started debating the plot with the octagenerian neighbour. She wished she had the courage of the lady in the serial. If she had even the courage to speak up against her vitreous daughter-in-law, she would not have been here. Now all she wanted was to see the lady in the serial win. She felt almost like winning her own battle.
She had even written a letter to the director of the serial thanking him for presenting such a true to life program.
---x--x------
The couple were breaking it off said the scantily entertainment host, Yajna could hardly contain her elation. They never suited each other, Ash and Viveik. Eh.. what was he thinking. Thank god she threw him out of his life, wish I did the same with Ashok. I was too blind to see his nefarious ways. He had been sneaking behind me and seeing Rupa, I wish I could strangle that conniving tramp! She had been depressed for the past few weeks. Now she was feeling murderous, watching MTV roadies made her feel a lot better. She like being the conspirator for a change, shilpa was plotting on stealing lakshmi's boy friend. How she wished she could steal Ashok back from Rupa. One moment I hate him, but I want him too!

----X-----

Now I finally seem to have an imaginary understanding of why Serials and Reality shows work in India!

No comments:

Post a Comment